|Soazig Barthelemy (14), founder and CEO of Empow'Her, which has been working since 2011 for the economic and social empowerment of women worldwide, has been elected 2019 Alumna of the Year!
This award was given as part of the ESCP Alumni and Foundation's New Year Wishes ceremony that took place on the République Paris Site, on Jan. 23rd 2020.
The Alumni of the Year election has been organized every year since 2006 by ESCP Alumni.
The main selection criteria are:
To be an Alumnus who has recently demonstrated visible achievement in his career: a CEO, president or founder of a successful company, the initiator of a project that changes the world.
- To be open to the world
- Young minded
- and ready to be the ambassador of ESCP Alumni for 1 year
The elections are held in a single round. The Network Commitee preselect profiles based on the above criteria and submit this short list to the whole 50.000 alumni community. The profile with more votes is elected Alumni of the Year.
The winners of previous elections are:
- 2018 : Julien SYLVAIN (10), founder and CEO of Tediber
- 2017 : Nathalie BALLA (89), co-owner et co-president of La Redoute
- 2015 : Augustin PALLUEL-MARMONT (EAP 99), cofondateur de Michel et Augustin
- 2014 : Stéphane DISTINGUIN (97), founder & CEO FABER NOVEL
- 2013 : Fany PECHIODAT (03), Director of MyLittleParis
- 2012 : Catherine BARBA (96), CEO of Digital Commerce Factory
- 2011 : Clémentine RAISIN-HAUVESPRE (04), Head of Marketing & PR, The Organic Pharmacy
- 2010 : Lindsey NEFESH-CLARKE (MBA 09), Founder & CEO, Woman's Worldwide Web
- 2009 : Sébastien de MONTESSUS (00), Executive Vice-President, Mining Business Group, Areva
- 2008 : Guillaume de MONPLANET (98), Marketing Director Reebok France
- 2007 : Etienne THOBOIS (94), Managing Director, GIP Rugby World Cup 2007
- 2006 : Emmanuel BABEAU (89), Group Deputy Managing Director, Finance, Pernod-Ricard