We will have the pleasure to count with the experience of three alumni active in angel investing. They will share their knowledge and will help you figure out the answers to your questions on how to start investing in high quality start-ups:
- Marie-Catherine Boinay (89): Marie-Catherine became a business angel after a career in management and finance at PwC and Danone. Eager to finance innovation and contribute to the growth and governance of startup companies, is an early stage investor in 12 start-up companies and was appointed to the Strategic Committee of 3 of them. She selects projects with an environmental and social impact and a woman as a co-founder. She was also elected as a board member of WeLikeAngels Investessor, the association of business angels she belongs to.
- Shivani Pathak (MMK 12): Shivani has been engaged with the Consumer & Retail industry in the US, UK and India since graduating. A former marketer turned entrepreneur and investor, Shivani is passionate about investing in digitally native Consumer & Retail businesses that serve the female consumer. Shivani's current investments include Nykaa, India's largest beauty e-tailer, capri.money, an US based financial literacy app for women, and womanhood a UK based inclusive lingerie retailer. She currently holds a board seat at capri.money.
- Romain Decorps (03): Romain is a Science Po Paris and ESCP graduate, passionate about finance and tech. He has over 10 years in M&A and Private Equity in Europe, US an Middle-East and a strong tech background at Google. Romain is currently a Managing Partner at adVentures (leading French tech-centric venture studio). He is an investor and senior advisor in various startups, notably interested in Fintech and GreenTech.
- Sourcing: how to build your network and access high quality dealflow, including syndicates and venture networks
- Due diligence: how to address key diligence items through your network, frameworks for DD
- Involvement: active vs. passive angels - involvement is another way to obtain equity
- Term-sheets and legal docs: what to watch out for, and how to avoid spending money on advisors
- Tax: what structures are best suited to invest in VC
- Allocation, portfolio diversification and case studies
Thursday 17th June 2021
- 08:00 PM
The event is organized online
Free Lifelong contributing graduates
Young contributing graduates
5 € (EUR) Annual contributing graduates
15 € (EUR) Non contributing graduates